Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » SUPERHERO SHOWDOWN » SHS 1, Fight 8 - Metamorpho Vs. Swamp Thing at Niagara Falls

Poll Question: Who wins the battle at the Falls? (Poll is closed)

  • Metamorpho (Rex Mason)
    52%
    10 vote(s)
  • Swamp Thing (Alec Holland)
    47%
    9 vote(s)

SHS 1, Fight 8 - Metamorpho Vs. Swamp Thing at Niagara Falls

5 pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
LadyJay
Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:13:57 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member, Super Hero Showdown Host
Location: Monrovia, MD
Joined: 5/13/2007 | Posts: 6,766 | Points: 113,240
SuperHero Showdown 1 – Fight 8
(Round 3, Fight 2)


Good evening CCLers. We've got a good one for you tonight. Metamorpho (Rex Mason) of ComicUniversity's Drakes Dudes and Dudettes (2-0-0-0-0) journeys to Niagara Falls to take on Swamp Thing (Alec Holland)of Ghost's Vindicators (0-0-0-0-1).

Between the walkways around the Falls and the Maid of the Mist below, there are plenty of places to go to view the action...Stake out your seats and get ready for the fun to begin...


(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)


Visiting Team: Drake's Dudes and Dudettes
Manager: ComicUniversity
Fighter: Metamorpho (Rex Mason)




VS.

Home Team: The Vindicators
Manager: Ghost
Fighter: Swamp Thing (Alec Holland)





Environment: Niagara Falls









You and your opponent are transported to Niagara Falls on the US - Canadian Border

All 3 falls (Horseshoe, American and Bridal) and the area immediately surrounding them (Tourist Center, viewing areas, etc.) are in play. It is up to the managers to debate the details of the environment.

-----------------------------------------------


As a reminder, here are the voting rules:
* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!


* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.


* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.

-----------------------------------------------



Fight 9 (Round 3, Fight 3) between Icarus201 and ComicClint posts Monday evening (August 20). Submissions are due by 9 pm Central time Sunday Aug. 19.

-----------------------------------------------


SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live

EDIT
I choose to speak with my pocket-book
comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:59:31 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
Ok....This is gonna be a fun one.

Probably the weirdest duo you're going to see in this showdown, so this is gonna be a weird fight.


But, before I get to the fun, I am going to post the most simple rationale ever.

Metamorpho is able to become any element or chemical combination ever conceived on planet Earth. That is his power.

He simply becomes Agent Orange or some similar exfoliant and finishes off Swampy. No Muss. No Fuss.
comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:01:08 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
Swamp Thing may be tough, But.....







Metamorpho is No Adriene Barbeau.


comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:02:17 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
Pretty sure there ain't no sharks at Niagara Falls, but, if there is.....





No problem.
comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:07:07 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
Talk about woman problems.

Alec holland can't get no action as a big muck of swamp weed.

Rex Mason, on the other hand is married to this:




Sapphire Stagg!!


Man, Look at her ride that Surfboard.

What? That's not a surfboard. Yeah, rex can take any shape he wants. Can become any liquid, solid, gas or any mixture of those.


Just look at the happy couple. Can you deny them this victory. You can't be that heartless.

The_Ghost
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:21:34 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
Joined: 6/17/2007 | Posts: 18,988 | Points: 56,739
Two votes for Metamorphodite before I can even get my rationale posted?? Ugh!

I gotta be to work in an hour so I dont have time for the rationale I wanted to post so I ask for patience in voting until tomorrow. Or, if you already realize that Morph doesn't stand a chance...then vote for Swamp Thing right now. Big Grin

I will say that Swamp Thing not only controls all plant life everywhere but he also has power over the elements (earth, fire, water, and air) AND the power of the White Lanterns! He also has rapid healing so no matter what damage Morph does, its repaired quickly keeping Swampy in the fight.

I seriously doubt that Metamorpho is going to turn into any type of poisonous gas in an area full of innocent people. He is, after all, a hero and wouldn't risk it. However, Swamp Thing's powers can be more focused directly on his enemy without causing harm to anyone else in the area.
IF Morph turns into a form of gas, Swamp Thing can use the power of wind (man, sounds like our guys just ate at Taco Bell) to blow Morphs gas away dispearsing it into the air.

Gotta get ready for work but I'll be back EARLY in the morning for more.


From Wiki:

"SWAMP THING

Powers and abilities

Swamp Thing can inhabit and animate vegetable matter anywhere (including alien plants, even sentient ones) and construct it into a body for himself. As a result, bodily attacks mean little to him. He can easily regrow damaged or severed body parts, and can even transport himself across the globe by leaving his current form, transferring his consciousness to a new form grown from whatever vegetable matter is present in the location he wishes to reach (he even grew himself a form out of John Constantine's meager tobacco supply on one occasion).

Swamp Thing possesses superhuman strength of undefined limits. While Swamp Thing's strength has never been portrayed as prominently as many of his other abilities, he demonstrated sufficient strength to rip large trees out of the ground with ease and trade blows with the likes of Etrigan.

Swamp Thing can control any form of plant life. He can make it move to his will or accelerate its growth. This control even extends to alien life, as he once cured Superman of an infection caused by exposure to a Kryptonian plant that was driving Superman mad and causing his body to burn out its own power.[16]

After the run of Mark Millar, Swamp Thing had also mastered the elements of fire, earth, water and air, the parliaments of each later killed by The Word, implying that he has retained these abilities and has the power once held by the Parliaments. This has yet to be explained.

The new Swamp Thing (a resurrected Alec Holland) has not only been given the full Elemental powers his predecessor once had, but also a White Lantern Power Ring with full control over its power."



Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
BurningDoom
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:25:59 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
My immediate thought is Metamorpho. Maybe my mind can be changed, though.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Ghost
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:28:18 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
Joined: 6/17/2007 | Posts: 18,988 | Points: 56,739
BurningDoom wrote:
My immediate thought is Metamorpho. Maybe my mind can be changed, though.


Tomorrow, I'll change your mind faster than Flash can change his underoos!


Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:37:25 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
White Lanterns?


Are there White Lanterns in the New 52? I don't think so.


And, Swamp Things only real power of consequence is becoming and controlling a plant.


comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:38:24 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
Metamorpho can become any one of these that he wants.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defoliant
The_Ghost
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:40:15 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
Joined: 6/17/2007 | Posts: 18,988 | Points: 56,739
The_Ghost wrote:
Two votes for Metamorphodite before I can even get my rationale posted?? Ugh!

I gotta be to work in an hour so I dont have time for the rationale I wanted to post so I ask for patience in voting until tomorrow. Or, if you already realize that Morph doesn't stand a chance...then vote for Swamp Thing right now. Big Grin

I will say that Swamp Thing not only controls all plant life everywhere but he also has power over the elements (earth, fire, water, and air) AND the power of the White Lanterns! He also has rapid healing so no matter what damage Morph does, its repaired quickly keeping Swampy in the fight.

I seriously doubt that Metamorpho is going to turn into any type of poisonous gas in an area full of innocent people. He is, after all, a hero and wouldn't risk it. However, Swamp Thing's powers can be more focused directly on his enemy without causing harm to anyone else in the area.
IF Morph turns into a form of gas, Swamp Thing can use the power of wind (man, sounds like our guys just ate at Taco Bell) to blow Morphs gas away dispearsing it into the air.

Gotta get ready for work but I'll be back EARLY in the morning for more.


From Wiki:

"SWAMP THING

Powers and abilities

Swamp Thing can inhabit and animate vegetable matter anywhere (including alien plants, even sentient ones) and construct it into a body for himself. As a result, bodily attacks mean little to him. He can easily regrow damaged or severed body parts, and can even transport himself across the globe by leaving his current form, transferring his consciousness to a new form grown from whatever vegetable matter is present in the location he wishes to reach (he even grew himself a form out of John Constantine's meager tobacco supply on one occasion).

Swamp Thing possesses superhuman strength of undefined limits. While Swamp Thing's strength has never been portrayed as prominently as many of his other abilities, he demonstrated sufficient strength to rip large trees out of the ground with ease and trade blows with the likes of Etrigan.

Swamp Thing can control any form of plant life. He can make it move to his will or accelerate its growth. This control even extends to alien life, as he once cured Superman of an infection caused by exposure to a Kryptonian plant that was driving Superman mad and causing his body to burn out its own power.[16]

After the run of Mark Millar, Swamp Thing had also mastered the elements of fire, earth, water and air, the parliaments of each later killed by The Word, implying that he has retained these abilities and has the power once held by the Parliaments. This has yet to be explained.

The new Swamp Thing (a resurrected Alec Holland) has not only been given the full Elemental powers his predecessor once had, but also a White Lantern Power Ring with full control over its power.
"



Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:42:36 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
Metamorpho once become inerton shielding, then filled himself with shock absorbing foam....

So that he and the people inside him could survive reentry INTO THE FRIGGIN' EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!


So, not only did he form his body into a form that his friends could fit inside. Not only did he turn himself into inerton shielding powerful enough to survive a forced re-entry into Earth's atmosphere....but he had the precision to, at the same time, turn his insides into breathable, shock absorbing foam, so his passngers could survive.

That feat is:

1) Ludicrously powerful

2) Ludicrously skilled

3) Ludicrously precise.


Swampy might as well just grow a weeping willow and cry all the way home.
comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:44:01 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
Defoliants are man-made substances.



Even if swamp thing has power over air earth water and fire....he doesn't control defoliants.
The_Ghost
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:47:40 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
Joined: 6/17/2007 | Posts: 18,988 | Points: 56,739
-Swampy can use his powers over earth to bury Morph in the ground thereby subduing him.

-Swampy can light Morph on fire if he decides to turn into a flammable chemical. This would blow Morph up subding him. Yeah, it be a mess but he's subdued.

-Swampy can drag Morph (in human form or chemical) into the water and hold him there until he's subdued from lack of air. I doubt Morph wants to pollute the falls with his nasty gas and chemical self.

-Swampy can use the power of the air to blow Morph into nothingness if Morph tries anything in a gaseous form.

The entire Niagra forest area is Swamp Thing's army. He could be anywhere and Morph is not going to know where he is until Swampy pops up behind and knocks him out with an oak tree.


Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
The_Ghost
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:51:43 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
Joined: 6/17/2007 | Posts: 18,988 | Points: 56,739
comicuniversity wrote:
Metamorpho once become inerton shielding, then filled himself with shock absorbing foam....

So that he and the people inside him could survive reentry INTO THE FRIGGIN' EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!


So, not only did he form his body into a form that his friends could fit inside. Not only did he turn himself into inerton shielding powerful enough to survive a forced re-entry into Earth's atmosphere....but he had the precision to, at the same time, turn his insides into breathable, shock absorbing foam, so his passngers could survive.

That feat is:

1) Ludicrously powerful

2) Ludicrously skilled

3) Ludicrously precise.


Swampy might as well just grow a weeping willow and cry all the way home.


Okay, this happened in the NEW 52? If not, then it does not qualify. Phbbbbt


Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:23:10 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
The_Ghost wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
Metamorpho once become inerton shielding, then filled himself with shock absorbing foam....

So that he and the people inside him could survive reentry INTO THE FRIGGIN' EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!


So, not only did he form his body into a form that his friends could fit inside. Not only did he turn himself into inerton shielding powerful enough to survive a forced re-entry into Earth's atmosphere....but he had the precision to, at the same time, turn his insides into breathable, shock absorbing foam, so his passngers could survive.

That feat is:

1) Ludicrously powerful

2) Ludicrously skilled

3) Ludicrously precise.


Swampy might as well just grow a weeping willow and cry all the way home.


Okay, this happened in the NEW 52? If not, then it does not qualify. Phbbbbt



Yeppers.
It's how Metamorpho was introduced in the new 52. With a description of this very feat.

This is the quote from the wiki:

In the rebooted continuity of the New 52, the Outsiders are revealed to have survived. It is mentioned that Metamorpho was able to save the team by using the same technique he used to rescue the Justice League during the Hyperclan's attack many years ago

But...you're casting quite a few stones for someone who is claiming Swamp Thing has White Lantern powers and control over all elements.....which he has not shown any of in the new 52. In fact, they aint even any white lanterns in the new 52.

Shame on You
comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:24:13 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
The_Ghost wrote:
-Swampy can use his powers over earth to bury Morph in the ground thereby subduing him.

.



Metamorpho would be quite comfortable there. probly, just turn himself into a giant tunnel digger and take a leisurely drive through the upper crust.

comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:26:58 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
The_Ghost wrote:
--Swampy can light Morph on fire if he decides to turn into a flammable chemical. This would blow Morph up subding him. Yeah, it be a mess but he's subdued.

.


Light rexy on fire?

No prob. Metamorpho likes fire. In fact he shoots it out of his butt as he flies frequently. It'd probly tickle.

I'm not kidding. He really does this.


comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:28:01 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
Quote:

-Swampy can drag Morph (in human form or chemical) into the water and hold him there until he's subdued from lack of air. I doubt Morph wants to pollute the falls with his nasty gas and chemical self.

.


Hold him underwater? No prob. rexy just morphs a snorkle out of his ears and takes in the sights from below the falls. Pretty fun for a superhero battle probly.
comicuniversity
Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:29:02 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 2,015 | Points: 6,820
The_Ghost wrote:
-
The entire Niagra forest area is Swamp Thing's army. He could be anywhere and Morph is not going to know where he is until Swampy pops up behind and knocks him out with an oak tree.


LOL. Metamorpho just turns himself into an inerton cylinder that drips acid. Ouchy for any plant army.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.356 seconds.
(0.191 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. P-WIN-IIS02