Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Life Outside of Comics » It Was Fun While It Lasted?
2 pages: [1] 2
Thundercron
Wednesday, September 09, 2020 1:48:15 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
So I live way out in the boonies of Oregon City. Currently our county is experiencing several wildfires. Today our whole county was put under level one (be alert) evacuation orders. The whole evening we've watched level two (be ready to go) evac orders creep closer to our house. Now the street in front of our house is the dividing line between level one and two. We're currently staying with friends pretty far away, so we're safe. Anyone with orders that I haven't marked "shipped" yet needs to start praying!
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, September 09, 2020 10:06:22 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Dude, Corey, stay safe my brother. That is scary news. Who cares about some comic book orders, the most important thing is that you and your family are safe. Hoping and praying that you get through this unscathed.

Please keep us updated on what's going on. I just saw that Clackamas County went to Level 3, is that where you are?

I am very much hoping that things turn out well for you. Pray

Howie's Saying of the Week

People are people so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully? Help me understand - Depeche Mode

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
pottersan
Wednesday, September 09, 2020 10:13:12 AM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
So I live way out in the boonies of Oregon City. Currently our county is experiencing several wildfires. Today our whole county was put under level one (be alert) evacuation orders. The whole evening we've watched level two (be ready to go) evac orders creep closer to our house. Now the street in front of our house is the dividing line between level one and two. We're currently staying with friends pretty far away, so we're safe. Anyone with orders that I haven't marked "shipped" yet needs to start praying!

When you come back will you be having a "Fire Sale"?

JK, stay safe and we'll keep praying for you.

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Seller.aspx?id=f3cb16b2-8046-415d-bdee-ac19da48a6c2
Thundercron
Wednesday, September 09, 2020 12:41:47 PM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Dude, Corey, stay safe my brother. That is scary news. Who cares about some comic book orders, the most important thing is that you and your family are safe. Hoping and praying that you get through this unscathed.

Please keep us updated on what's going on. I just saw that Clackamas County went to Level 3, is that where you are?

I am very much hoping that things turn out well for you. Pray

The entire bottom half of the county is at a level 3 "Go Now!" evac order. On the map, our house is just left of center, where the levels 1, 2, and 3 kind of converge. Level two is across the street, and level three is about a half mile to a mile away. Fortunately it's held this status since 10:00 PM last night, so hopefully that means things are remaining relatively under control.

https://ccgis-mapservice.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=fe0525732f1a4f679b75a5ccf1c84b30
pottersan
Wednesday, September 09, 2020 1:03:17 PM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
Have they identified the cause?

BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Seller.aspx?id=f3cb16b2-8046-415d-bdee-ac19da48a6c2
Thundercron
Wednesday, September 09, 2020 4:32:09 PM
Shop at My Store
pottersan wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Not really. Only a few lightning strikes in the area lately. My money would be from downed powerlines from the thirty-year wind storm we had here Monday and Tuesday. Some are theorizing it's arson. While that may account for some, I would have to say arson wholesale on this level would be unlikely and unprecedented.

The level three evac orders that were moving in from the east and southeast haven't progressed. However, the orders from the southwest are moving more north. So it's like we're becoming surrounded.

I did go back to the house this morning since I'm still technically at level one and picked up a few things. Even kicked out three more orders as well, including yours. Hey, I hate refunds!
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, September 09, 2020 5:28:58 PM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
Some are theorizing it's arson.

Or a gender reveal party perhaps? Loser At Wits' End

Joking aside, I hope everything works out for you. That's scary to think that a giant fire is heading your way.

I find it very weird that one side of the street is at a different threat level than the other side. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

People are people so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully? Help me understand - Depeche Mode

Thundercron
Wednesday, September 09, 2020 5:41:48 PM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
Some are theorizing it's arson.

Or a gender reveal party perhaps? Loser At Wits' End

Joking aside, I hope everything works out for you. That's scary to think that a giant fire is heading your way.

I find it very weird that one side of the street is at a different threat level than the other side. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think they plan on using the road as a fire break. Maybe? It's just a little two lane country highway. I'm just guessing.

I heard about the gender reveal party thing. I think that was in California. I could be wrong. Either way, people are dumb all over.
4saken1
Wednesday, September 09, 2020 11:33:47 PM
Shop at My Store
Stay safe!
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
pottersan
Thursday, September 10, 2020 10:56:32 PM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
pottersan wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Not really. Only a few lightning strikes in the area lately. My money would be from downed powerlines from the thirty-year wind storm we had here Monday and Tuesday. Some are theorizing it's arson. While that may account for some, I would have to say arson wholesale on this level would be unlikely and unprecedented.

The level three evac orders that were moving in from the east and southeast haven't progressed. However, the orders from the southwest are moving more north. So it's like we're becoming surrounded.

I did go back to the house this morning since I'm still technically at level one and picked up a few things. Even kicked out three more orders as well, including yours. Hey, I hate refunds!

Ha Ha!

I can imagine it flooding again where I live now, but me still packing up orders as I live on the second floor and the 1st floor is just 3 garages....

Thundercron
Friday, September 11, 2020 2:45:49 AM
Shop at My Store
Today started out pretty positive. Our windstorm has abated, which is obviously good for firefighting. The evac zones for my immediate area had not changed since Tuesday night, and while the closest fire was still about two miles away as the crow flies, they had not progressed. Then early this afternoon the whole area turned to level three mandatory evac. I was still trying to be optimistic. I thought that maybe the level three was due to the intense smoke (no wind means thicker smoke not being blown out), as a health precaution. The evac map also showed the fire was still not progressing. The press conference this afternoon dashed my optimism, though. It seems the conditions are so extreme that all the firecrews have been called back and are no longer actively fighting the blaze at this moment. Two fires have merged and are creating their own weather/wind systems. They will reassess later. Additionally, the smoke is so bad that they can no longer actually see the fire boundaries, which is why the maps have not been updated. So I have no idea how close the fire actually is now. Pretty much at my lowest point during this whole thing.
MoonKnight1
Friday, September 11, 2020 12:44:49 PM
Shop at My Store
Man, that is not good news. Don't give up hope yet. I think that you will get through this alright. Just a feeling.

The most important thing is that you and your family are safe. Things are just things. I have lost everything I've had before and I got more. Sounds like you are not in any personal danger and if anything unfortunate happens I'm positive that you will be able to overcome it.

Stay strong my friend. I am expecting a favorable outcome. Prayers.

Kingsman
Friday, September 11, 2020 4:00:49 PM
Shop at My Store
Wow, I cannot image. Please stay safe and take heed of the orders. You are in all of our thoughts!
Thundercron
Friday, September 11, 2020 4:18:56 PM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Man, that is not good news. Don't give up hope yet. I think that you will get through this alright. Just a feeling.

The most important thing is that you and your family are safe. Things are just things. I have lost everything I've had before and I got more. Sounds like you are not in any personal danger and if anything unfortunate happens I'm positive that you will be able to overcome it.

Stay strong my friend. I am expecting a favorable outcome. Prayers.

I appreciate your words of hope, Howie. The fire closest to our house is northeast of us. Word today is the fire is now being pushed in an easterly direction. Good news for me...sorry for the people living in that easterly direction, though.
theseriouscollector
Saturday, September 12, 2020 2:53:55 AM
Shop at My Store
I know the feeling I'm down in Silverton Oregon and we've been on 2 all week and I have a lot of comics. I've been doing alright on my orders, but a bit slow. Between the COVID-19 and now FIRE-2020 I've got less hair. Hang in there.
Check Out Our Huge Selection Of Comic Book Back Issues & More Here On CCL
Over 70,000 Back Issues Listed Now & Many Many More To Follow.
Orders All Shipped In Bags & Boards & Sturdy Packaging...
Buy With Confidence..100% Satisfaction Guarantee!!!
Shipping Discounts On Quantity Or Multi Item Orders Available
Please See Shipping Information For Details...

SwiftMann
Saturday, September 12, 2020 6:30:53 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Be safe my friends.
padreglcc
Saturday, September 12, 2020 9:24:59 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Praying for you and those who are dealing with these fires. Please continue to keep us updated if you can.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
DevilDoc
Saturday, September 12, 2020 10:31:07 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Wow this really puts life into perspective
Hang in there man
Even the thoughts and prayers of us non store owners are with you

Do what you need to and the important stuff will be there when this is done.

Hope all goes as well as it can...
Thundercron
Monday, September 14, 2020 1:02:45 PM
Shop at My Store
First off, a big hug and thanks to everyone commenting with their concerns (both privately and publicly) and well -wishes during this time. This community really is great!

Weekend was a lot better. The weather is improving, with some rain still forecast for tomorrow. It's been downright cold overnight, with lots of dew and moisture in the air. Winds are light to non-existent, and it blows to the east (closest fire is to the east of us) when it does happen.

Evac restrictions have begun to relax since yesterday. Our home is still level 3, but many feel that should change soon. The smaller fire/hotspot closest to us (two miles away) is largely out. The fire team in charge of the Riverside fire (the fire affecting us that's burned 133,000+ acres) has said they've been focusing on shoring up the west/northwest side, and fortifying containment lines there, which is where we live, so that's good news for us.

Hoping the worst is over.
MoonKnight1
Monday, September 14, 2020 1:33:06 PM
Shop at My Store
Great news, Corey.

Man, pretty scary to have to deal with. I've been hoping y'all would get some rain at least to tamp things down.

theseriouscollector wrote:
I know the feeling I'm down in Silverton Oregon and we've been on 2 all week and I have a lot of comics. I've been doing alright on my orders, but a bit slow. Between the COVID-19 and now FIRE-2020 I've got less hair. Hang in there.

Thinking about you as well. Best of luck, please keep us updated. We are all behind you.