Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL order wrong. Seller on vacation. What do I do? Options
wqoq
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:14:59 PM

Groups: Member

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

For the time being, I won't name the store as it might just be an innocent misunderstanding. I've dealt with this store before (they're one of the higher rated stores here), and have had nothing but a good experience with them in the past. Recently, I made a fairly large order with them back in mid-August, and their shipment arrived a week ago. It was an order for about 100 individual items, but 16 were either missing or incorrect. A mistake equalling about $130. Initially, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed a third package was on the way (even though I received nothing telling me such). I haven't seen anything to that effect since, so I'm now assuming it's not the case.

I've messaged them a couple times this past week since I received the shipment, with the details of what's missing as well as PayPal transaction IDs, and USPS tracking numbers, basically anything I could think to provide. I've yet to receive any replies. I don't want to keep harrassing them and flooding their inbox incase it's an honest mistake. Also not a good idea to piss off the person you're trying to get help from.

Today, I checked in to see if I had any messages, and noticed that now their store is listed as being "on vacation", which makes me a little nervous. I've been using CCL off an on for only about a year as a buyer, so I'm not familiar with the ins and outs and terminology of sellers. What does "on vacation" mean?

Like I said, they're one of the higher rated stores. Does this sound like an honest misunderstanding, or am I hooped? Just wondering what my options are or what recourse to take. Right now, I'm fine with being patient, but the "on vacation" status is the only thing that worries me, mainly because I don't really know what it means. $130 is a lot of money, but it won't bankrupt me by any means (comic collecting would be the absolute worst hobby I could have if that were the case).
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:23:48 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

If you're looking for better answers, contact Steve Boyd (The_Valiant_One) as he is CCL's Site Director. He should be able to help get to the bottom of the situation.

And I'm sure he can explain what "On Vacation" means. To me, it should mean that the store owner is letting customers know that they will not be around to answer pm's or fill orders.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:46:45 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

You can still answer questions in vacation mode, however the physical store itself may be closed as well. I'm making an educated guess that how much success you have depends upon who you talk to, I'm pretty certain there are multiple employees filling & handling orders, sounds pretty similar to a situation I had. Don't let it go past 45 days without filing a claim if you don't get it resolved by then.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

brettscomicpile
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:58:32 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

message sent
wqoq
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:58:24 PM

Weird. If you did send it, I didn't get it.

I just checked and I was able to both PM and email myself, as well as have a friend with another account do it, and all those messages came through fine.
ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:58:58 PM

If the store in question is Brett's good luck getting replies to messages.I finally just gave up when my last order got screwed up.I wont get into the whole story but the compromise reached by both of us was only half fulfilled.He never sent me the remainder of the comics nor issued a refund for them.I sent one or two more messages at the most over a months time but no reply from seller ever came.All I'm saying is dont hold your breath for a satisfactory end to this transaction.Just for the record I didnt leave a negative feedback for the transaction.I'm still giving the seller a chance to right the wrong even though its been two months or longer.

wqoq
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 4:50:40 PM

Just to put some closure on this thread, things are finally resolved. I still don't know if the missing items existed to begin with, but after getting a tip from our friendly admin here, The_Valiant_One, I was still within the 45 day period for PayPal disputes. It's unfortunate that it came to that, but at least I'm not out $130.

Thanks, CrossbowComics. I see you mentioned the 45 day limit, too. At the time I didn't think I'd need to worry about it, but boy it creeps up fast.

Sorry you haven't had the same luck, yet, ukblueky. I, too, was trying to give my seller the benefit of the doubt, and I'm a pretty patient guy, but I do have my limits. I hope it works out for you in the end.