"Iron Man versus Gargantus"
Tony Stark leads a busy life, selling new transistorized technology to the military by day, playboy romancing by night, and somehow saving the world as Iron Man in between. It takes a comment by a girlfriend about how menacing Iron Man's grey suit looks to give Tony the idea about plating his suit with gold.
The town of Granville suddenly cuts itself off from the world and swears allegiance to a colossal neanderthal named Gargantus. Iron Man investigates and finds he is a robot, equipped with a mind control device, that invading aliens have placed to subjugate the Earth.
- 1st appearance of Iron Man's golden armor and of Gargantus. 2nd appearance of Iron Man.
- Story written by Lee and Berns, penciled by Kirby, inked by Heck, & lettered by D'Agostino (13 pages).
- Reprinted in Marvel Collectors' Item Classics #3.
text story, 2 pages.
- Reprinted from Uncanny Tales (1952) #39.
"Work of Art"
- Story written by Lee and Lieber, penciled by Lieber, inked by Brodsky, & lettered by Berg (5 pages).
"Prophet of Doom!"
- Story written by Lee, illustrated by Ditko, & lettered by Simek (5 pages).
Cover penciled by Kirby, & inked by Heck.