Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comics, Other Publishers » Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters (80 Variants???)

Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters (80 Variants???)

2 pages: [1] 2
The_Valiant_One
Monday, February 21, 2011 10:58:16 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I found an article on BleedingCool.com today that was pretty cool! If your comic shop ordered 500 copies of GODZILLA: KINGDOM OF MONSTERS #1, you could get your comic book store destroyed on the cover by Godzilla.

According to the BleedingCool.com article, 75 stores ordered the incentive, so if you count the Standard Cover A, Standard Cover B, Wraparound, Retailer Incentive, Wondercon and the 75 stores, we're talking 80 variant covers...if the count and ordering information provided in the article is correct.

The CCL Approvers are already discussing the title and figuring out the proper way to catalog them all.

It appears that one of our very own CCL stores, THIRD EYE COMICS, has one of the exclusive variants! Congrats! Check it out!

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
SpidermanGeek
Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:11:05 PM
Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator
My LCS has one as well. I will add it to the database once it is released.

The Comic Book Shoppe
http://www.thecomicbookshoppe.com/
228 Bank Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K2P 1X1

t: (613) 594-3042
toll free: 1-866-260-3960

In the drawing, the people running from the store are (Left to Right):
Ryan (Store Employee)
Karter Spitall (Store Owner's son)
Rob Spitall (Store Owner)
Jody Haucke (Store Employee)

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
scotteaves
Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:24:42 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
The_Valiant_One wrote:
I found an article on BleedingCool.com today that was pretty cool! If your comic shop ordered 500 copies of GODZILLA: KINGDOM OF MONSTERS #1, you could get your comic book store destroyed on the cover by Godzilla.

According to the BleedingCool.com article, 75 stores ordered the incentive, so if you count the Standard Cover A, Standard Cover B, Wraparound, Retailer Incentive, Wondercon and the 75 stores, we're talking 80 variant covers...if the count and ordering information provided in the article is correct.

The CCL Approvers are already discussing the title and figuring out the proper way to catalog them all.

It appears that one of our very own CCL stores, THIRD EYE COMICS, has one of the exclusive variants! Congrats! Check it out!

You know the worst thing of that article? they can't count.

There aren't 80 covers. A, B (which is the wraparound), 1:10, Wondercon = 4 covers. And they only picture 74 covers for stores. So, low end is 78, high end is 79 IF there really are 75 store covers.

Either way - Wall

We Approvers would appreciate it if everyone could please hold off on submitting the store covers until we have a fully entered 1-A to base the variants off of (All Story arcs, credits, characters, bio, etc.) None of us are looking forward to having to manually synchronize the data across 75+ issues. Thanks!
sgriffin
Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:29:53 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Member, Subscriber
scotteaves wrote:
We Approvers would appreciate it if everyone could please hold off on submitting the store covers until we have a fully entered 1-A to base the variants off of (All Story arcs, credits, characters, bio, etc.) None of us are looking forward to having to manually synchronize the data across 75+ issues. Thanks!

Of course, if you represent a store eager to get your cover listed, the best thing you can do is help us get the credits and characters into the 1A issue as soon as it's added to the DB...
Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
HammerTron
Monday, March 14, 2011 6:36:11 AM
Groups: Member
Interesting marketing idea.

I hope the series doesn't turn into another Red Sonja type series with multiple covers for each issue.

I wonder if Mile High Comics or Graham Cracker Comics will have one of those varient covers.
yourfriendandy
Monday, March 14, 2011 7:05:39 AM
My store ALMOST bit on this...we usually do the high-order variant incentives (we have personalized store covers for TURF #1, ARTIFACTS #1, DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP #1-4, GREEN HORNET #1, and we're getting a FCBD 2011 GREEN LANTERN one from DC to name a few), but this number was ridiculously high to order...I mean who in the hell is going to sell 500 copies of this book? Plus, the store logo is flippin' tiny.

...It is (banned)ing cool though!
ukblueky
Monday, March 14, 2011 7:23:50 AM
SpidermanGeek wrote:

The Comic Book Shoppe
228 Bank Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K2P 1X1

Ryan (Store Employee)

Somethings wrong with this picture.We have 4 fanboys running out of the comic shop.All of them are slim and all of them are in normal clothes.Not 1 social outcast among the bunch.Comic shops in Canada must be different than ones in the US.
yourfriendandy
Monday, March 14, 2011 7:34:39 AM
ukblueky wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:

The Comic Book Shoppe
228 Bank Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K2P 1X1

Ryan (Store Employee)

Somethings wrong with this picture.We have 4 fanboys running out of the comic shop.All of them are slim and all of them are in normal clothes.Not 1 social outcast among the bunch.Comic shops in Canada must be different than ones in the US.

...nah dude. That's just Kentucky. AYO!

; )

Aw, who am I kidding, here in Sietch Tabr all we have are crappy stillsuits...

SpidermanGeek
Monday, March 14, 2011 11:48:17 AM
Lol.. Jody (The tall slim one on the right) is a big time cosplayer and Improv comedy guy.

Here's a pic of him cosplaying as Ryker. The Girl next to her is Toni, who is also an employee of teh comic book shoppe.

Herre's Jody with Rob, the Comic Booke Shoppe owner.

Here's Jody with Ryan and Jody's Wife. Ryan (Zod) is also a Comic Book Shoppe employee. He's the guy on the far left in the Godzilla Cover.

Another shot of Ryan as Green Lantern:

This is Jon, another Comic Book Shoppe Employee, pictured here as Kato:

Here's Jon in plain clothes:

Toni in plain clothes:

Rob, the owner (with some random person):

So, as you can tell.. they aren't THAT normal, lol. Most of the CBS guys are cosplayers. Rob is not as slim as the cover makes him out to be, lol.

I wish I had more shots of other CBS employees since Rob just went on a hiring spree and hired 3 girls to work at the Shoppe. Business has gone up, a wise investment, lol.

I haz a Blog
SpidermanGeek
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:38:32 PM
Has there been any discussion on how to add these covers into the database? This issue is coming out next week.

I haz a Blog
sgriffin
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:54:04 PM
SpidermanGeek wrote:
Has there been any discussion on how to add these covers into the database? This issue is coming out next week.
The plan is to get a single cover in first and get as much detail added to it as possible before we start partying on the variants. What we don't want to have to do is spend hours synchronizing an artist or character across 80 different entries.
comicscastle
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:13:29 PM
sgriffin wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:
The plan is to get a single cover in first and get as much detail added to it as possible before we start partying on the variants. What we don't want to have to do is spend hours synchronizing an artist or character across 80 different entries.
Also, we have already gotten scans of every variant cover and we will add them ourselves. Hopefully in alphabetical order for the "store" variants. There will be a second printing in a few more weeks with more "store" covers. We do not have those covers yet.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

SpidermanGeek
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:17:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Lemme know if you need an actual cover scan for my LCS variant. I'll have it ready to go.

Good job on planning this one out! Applause

I haz a Blog
gtb138
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:01:22 PM
New Dimensions has their own cover as well, and I think it also has a flip cover with the Toonseum in Pittsburgh getting crushed as well. If anyone would like, I could pick some up.

comicscastle
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:41:05 PM
Here is a link to the various 1st print covers. It leaves out one, which we found from another source. It was Dreamscape Comics.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/19/all-eighty-variant-covers-of-godzilla-1-from-idw/

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

SwiftMann
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:38:43 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
My local shop has a cover this week that I'm not seeing on Bleeding Cool's site. Think there's more than this one missing?

That's the manager on the left and owner Randy with the beard on the right.
scotteaves
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:23:30 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
SwiftMann wrote:
My local shop has a cover this week that I'm not seeing on Bleeding Cool's site. Think there's more than this one missing?

That's the manager on the left and owner Randy with the beard on the right.

2nd print? I know there was a deal for a 2nd printing run if stores wanted to jump in on that. I know it seems silly to ask about a 2nd print when the 1st is hitting. but, hey... it's IDW!

If not, I'm sure there will be more. Not looking forward to having to rearrange them alphabetically to add more covers once they're all in. Not it!
SwiftMann
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:25:03 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
That cover is shipping this week (according to my shop), so unless IDW is releasing first and second printings on the same day, this is a first printing.

I'm supposed to have a copy in hand tomorrow.
sgriffin
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:40:49 AM
SwiftMann wrote:
That cover is shipping this week (according to my shop), so unless IDW is releasing first and second printings on the same day, this is a first printing.

The sites I'm checking all show this book coming out on the 30th? This includes IDW's forums - an editor there confirmed the 30th. Was part of the special cover deal that they get the books early?
comicscastle
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:42:59 AM
SwiftMann wrote:

2nd Prints are supposed to ship 3 weeks after the first print if I remember correctly. Perhaps this is an advance copy for the stores approval? How are you getting one in hand tomorrow? That would be great for getting the info populated into the "A" cover so the variants could get added.